Dental Implant Supported Dentures in Duncanville, TX
What Are Implant Supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures represent a cutting-edge advancement in dental technology, offering patients a more stable and reliable solution for tooth replacement. Traditional dentures, while effective in restoring basic chewing function and aesthetics, can often be cumbersome and prone to slipping or shifting, causing discomfort and embarrassment for many individuals.
In contrast, implant-supported dentures address these shortcomings by integrating dental implants into the jawbone, providing a secure foundation for the denture appliance. Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone, where they fuse with the surrounding bone tissue through a process called osseointegration. This integration creates a strong and durable bond, mimicking the natural tooth roots and providing unparalleled stability for the dentures.
The denture appliance itself is custom-designed to attach to the dental implants, either through precision attachments or a bar-retained system. This means that the dentures are securely anchored in place, eliminating the need for messy adhesives or concerns about slippage during everyday activities like eating, speaking, or laughing. With implant-supported dentures, patients can enjoy a greater sense of confidence and freedom, knowing that their smile is secure and functional.
Moreover, by stimulating the jawbone through the presence of dental implants, implant-supported dentures help preserve bone density and prevent the bone resorption that commonly occurs following tooth loss. This not only maintains the integrity of the facial structure but also promotes long-term oral health and stability.
Implant-supported dentures offer patients a transformative solution that combines the best aspects of dental implants and traditional dentures.
“Great experience! Dr. Singla and staff were awesome! The wait was very short and Dr. Singla took time to discuss my problem and was sincere in trying to find a solution to the problem I am having. He is sending me for further imaging to know exactly what is going on before he does any type of procedure, I will definitely be using him as my new dentist!“
Who Should Consider Implant Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures offer a transformative solution for individuals who have experienced significant tooth loss or are facing complete edentulism (the absence of all natural teeth). This dental innovation is particularly well-suited for individuals who may have struggled with the limitations and challenges associated with traditional removable dentures. That’s why they’re very popular amongst our senior patients.
One group that may benefit greatly from implant-supported dentures is individuals who have lost multiple teeth due to decay, trauma, or periodontal disease. When multiple teeth are missing, traditional dentures may not provide adequate stability or functionality, leading to discomfort, difficulty eating, and speech issues. Implant-supported dentures offer a secure and stable solution that restores both the appearance and functionality of natural teeth, allowing individuals to enjoy a varied diet and speak with confidence.
Individuals facing complete tooth loss may find implant-supported dentures to be a life-changing solution. Losing all of one’s natural teeth can have profound effects on oral health, facial aesthetics, and self-esteem. Traditional dentures may provide a temporary fix, but they often come with challenges such as sore spots, difficulty chewing certain foods, and the need for frequent adjustments. Implant dentures, on the other hand, offer a permanent and reliable solution that closely mimics the look, feel, and function of natural teeth. By anchoring the dentures to dental implants, individuals can experience enhanced stability, improved chewing efficiency, and a more natural smile.
What To Expect
Any dental procedure can be a little nerve-wracking so let’s walk through the procedure of getting implant-supported dentures step by step:
1. Initial Consultation: During your appointment, you will meet with our implant dentist in Duncanville, Dr. Singla and our experienced team to discuss your oral health history, concerns, and treatment goals. We will conduct a comprehensive examination of your mouth, including digital X-rays and possibly a 3D cone beam scan, to assess the condition of your jawbone and surrounding oral structures.
2. Treatment Planning: Based on the results of your examination, Dr. Singla will develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals. This plan will outline the number of dental implants required, the location of the implants, and the type of implant-supported denture that will best suit your needs.
3. Dental Implant Placement: The next phase of the process involves the surgical placement of dental implants into your jawbone. This procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia to ensure your comfort. Dr. Singla will make small incisions in the gum tissue to access the underlying jawbone, then carefully position the implants according to the treatment plan. Once the implants are in place, the gum tissue is sutured closed, and a temporary denture may be placed to provide aesthetics and function during the healing period.
4. Healing and Osseointegration: After the implant placement surgery, a period of healing is necessary to allow the implants to integrate with the surrounding bone tissue. This process, known as osseointegration, typically takes several months. During this time, the implants become firmly fused with the jawbone, providing a stable foundation for the denture appliance.
5. Impressions and Customization: Once the implants have fully integrated with the jawbone, impressions of your mouth will be taken to create a custom-crafted denture appliance. These impressions ensure a precise fit and optimal aesthetics for your implant-supported dentures. Dr. Singla will work closely with our dental lab technicians to fabricate a denture that matches the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth, providing a seamless and lifelike smile.
6. Denture Attachment: Once your custom denture appliance is ready, it will be securely attached to the dental implants using precision attachments or a bar-retained system. Dr. Singla will carefully position the denture and ensure that it fits comfortably and securely in your mouth. Any adjustments needed to optimize the fit and function of the denture will be made at this time.
7. Post-Placement Care: After the implant-supported denture has been attached, Dr. Singla will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your new smile. This will include proper oral hygiene techniques, dietary recommendations, and follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and ensure the long-term success of your treatment.
Throughout every step of the process, our team at Singla Dental is committed to your comfort, safety, and satisfaction. We will be here to answer any questions you may have and provide support to ensure that your journey to a confident smile is smooth and successful.
Take the First Step Towards a Confident Smile
Don’t let tooth loss diminish your quality of life. Schedule a consultation with Singla Dental today to learn more about how implant-supported dentures in Duncanville, TX, can restore your smile and confidence.
More Questions? Visit our Dental Implants FAQ page here.